Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fideos a la cazuela


It seems the autumn is really coming fast in The Netherlands, yesterday we had a bit of cold, rainy, windy day. On those days there is nothing better than a warm soup. Our favorite is actually not a soup, only I add more water and spices to make it like that.
Fideos a la cazuela is a typical Spanish dish. Fideos means noodles and cazuela is the type of pan you use to cook, in the early years was from special pottery, now we use more modern ones.  There are many recipes around, I learned of course from my mother and I change it a bit with my own ingredients. The basic are tomatoes, onions, garlic and chicken, then sea salt, sweet paprika and saffron. Of course you also need the noodles, they are very difficult and expensive to find where I live, so every time I go back to Spain I bring a few packages, or when somebody comes to visit us they bring for us. The sweet paprika and the saffron, basic ingredients in the Spanish kitchen also I bring from Spain, better quality and cheaper.
It is definitely our favorite meal in the cold days, healthy and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment