Sunday, September 16, 2012

A nice crumble


Weekend that means family time, a bit of shopping, walking in the woods, like we did today, about 8 Km in the dunes. And of course extra time to cook specially cakes ;-)
Yesterday I prepared for the first time a crumble cake with summer fruit, surprisingly very good. My 9 years old daughter helped me, it was nice the 2 of us in the kitchen, mother-daughter cake. She helped with mixing the crumble, while I was with the hand mixer preparing the base for the cake. In the recipe we had to much crumble over, so she separated in parts and we kept in the freezer, for next time.
After one hour in the oven and the cake was finished, we still had to wait another hour until it was completely cold. It was delicious. We had of course some cake over, we will eat in a few minutes, this time with a bit of cream, I think that will give the final touch. With some ice cream will also be very good, but I just don’t have now at home, umm tomorrow I will do some shopping then …

No comments:

Post a Comment