Friday, September 28, 2012

Quinoa with chicken and champignons


Quinoa is a very healthy grain, full of vitamins and minerals. Also it taste very good. So with the broth I made yesterday, that already was full of fresh vitamins, we had a very healthy meal for dinner.
It was my second time to prepare this meal, the ingredients were champignons, chicken, garlic, onion, spanish pepper (according to the recipe I should use dry chili peppers, but since at this moment in my green house I have a lot of spanish pepper, I thought it will be a nice change), white wine, parmesan cheese, parsley, vegetable broth (bouillon) and beet root. Instead of beet root you can also use spinach, like I did a few weeks ago.
The meal turned a bit red due to the beet root, but the taste was still so good and we definitely got our vitamin portion for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment