Thursday, September 13, 2012

Easy arroz a la cubana …


Yesterday were the Dutch elections like you already know. I couldn’t vote, I am not allowed because I am not Dutch, but I can pay my taxes, very confusing isn’t? My husband had to work late, he works for a news company so they had to cover the elections and he had to be there to make sure all systems were working.
Anyway my daughter and I were alone for dinner. I wanted to keep it simple and easy but still a bit healthy. So I prepared the typical Spanish dish “Arroz a la cubana” but with my own touch.
Normally is white rice with tomato sauce and fried egg. Well my version is to put a bit of saffron in the boiling water for the rice, that give a bit of extra taste to the rice.
th coconut milk, but I like with the saffron that’s the Spanish touch. Then for the tomato sauce I use good quality “pasatta di pomodori” add some dry parsley, salt, pepper and a bit of sugar. When is finish I add fresh parsley. This is so easy, in 15 minutes you have a meal at the table that the kids will love it, my daughter loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment