Friday, October 5, 2012

Tortilla de patatas


This week has been a bit difficult for me, I got a few rejected applications, I did other new applications so I have been busy trying to find a job, unfortunately until now no result. A pity because I know I can do those jobs, well I have to have faith and soon I might have something.
Meanwhile I try to keep busy with my cooking, discovering new shops, yesterday I went for the first time to a cake shop, fantastic, I bought some marzipan, soon I want to make a Halloween cake ;-) To bad that all that marzipan is full of E numbers, 7 in the orange one! I hope to find somewhere a more natural one, but for now that will have to do.
So in the evening I wanted to make an easy dinner, Tortilla de patatas (Potatoes Tortilla) is de perfect easy Spanish meal. You only need 4 ingredients, potatoes, onions, eggs and olive oil (a lot), and of course salt. The potatoes need to be peeled and cut in slices, you bake them in olive oil, it takes about 30 minutes to get them just right. Then you add the chopped onion, bake for another 10 minutes, until everything has a nice golden color. The most probably you will have to add some oil during your cooking, the potatoes tend to absorb the oil and you don’t want a dry Tortilla.
In a bol you can beat the eggs and when they are ready add the potatoes to the eggs, not the other way around! Mix well and then pass it into a smaller pan that has a plain cover, that will help you to turn the tortilla when one side is ready to do so. The all cooking time it takes about 10/15 minutes. Serve with a nice glass of wine, bread and a fresh salad. Buen provecho!


No comments:

Post a Comment