Monday, October 8, 2012

Albondigas


Yesterday it was a bit of a strange day, I had a lot of cooking plans but suddenly I didn’t feel well and I had to put aside all my ideas for another day. Some how I managed to prepare dinner with the help of my husband, the famous Spanish albondigas. I don’t know why  we don’t make more often, they are absolutely delicious and easy to make, and you can make a big pan, like we did, then you can freeze or keep in the refrigerator to eat another time, it is perfect!
The ingredients you need are simple as well: chopped meat (I use organic beef), garlic, onions, parsley, bread-crumbs, eggs, flour, tomatoes in pot, green peas, a bit of white wine, water, salt and sugar, I also add a few spoons of tomato puree, that gives the extra taste to the meal, absolutely fantastic.
The first thing is to mix the meat with the garlic, parsley, bread-cumbs and eggs, a bit of salt and leave to rest for about 45 minutes, if it is longer is also good, how longer how more tastier the meat will be. After that make small/medium meatballs, roll the meatballs in flour and fry round in a pan with olive oil.
In another pan you can add olive oil and fry the chopped onions until a nice golden color. Then you can add the tomatoes and tomato puree, a bit of salt, sugar and some water. Cook for about 10 minutes, then add the wine, another 2 glasses of water. About 10 minutes after that add the meatball into the pan and the green peas. Cook all for 15 minutes, until the green peas are ready. It could be that the tomato sauce is a bit liquid, then can use maizena to bind the sauce.
Serve with bread, green salad and a good red wine! Que aproveche!



No comments:

Post a Comment