Friday, December 14, 2012

Mini cupcakes

My daughter goes every friday evening to Spanish lessons that are part of a program from the Spanish government for children with at least one of the parents with the Spanish nationality. Today it will be a special lesson, actually we are having a Christmas party. Everybody is bringing something to eat or drink or ... of course the first thing came to my mind was to make a cake, but then maybe not everybody would be able to eat, not big enough, so I came with the solution of making mini cupcakes, I can make more, they are small and everybody can try.

I prepared the dough based on my normal cupcakes recipe. You can read the ingredients and the way to make on my post from October 11th (cupcakes for school). I made 2 times the recipe, normally should be for 24 regular size cupcakes, I made 64 mini cupcakes. The baking time you also have to make shorter, instead of 25 minutes should be about 15 minutes at 180 degrees preheated oven.

The marzipan decoration from the mini cupcakes was done together with my daughter, it took us not longer than 1 hour, it was actually very nice work to do together. We will see what the parents and kids of the Spanish school think about it ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment