Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Dutch Cake (Kerststol)

In The Netherlands there is a typical kind of cake that you eat on Christmas, it is called "Kerststol", there are many different ways and ingredients to use, everybody does it in another way, but they all have in common is that in the middle is an almond paste.

This year I found a very good recipe in the Dutch version of the Jaime Magazine and I decided to give it a try, it was absolutely delicious! Perfect, I made it yesterday and it was good, but today it was even better, I think I never had a better one.

Since it is not my recipe I think the best I can do is to put the magazine link in here:

Dutch Christmas Cake

I will translate here the ingredients you need:

  • 125 gr. currants
  • 125 gr. dried cranberry's
  • 200 gr. caster sugar
  • 150 gr. butter + 50 gr. melted butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 mature bananes
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 500 gr. flour
  • 7 gr. baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon cardamom
  • 200 gr. almond paste (I made myself as well)
  • 75 gr. icing sugar
I am definitely going to make it again even if it is not Christmas, you have a winner cake here!
Merry Christmas everybody!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment