Sunday, November 4, 2012

Spanish Casserole


I cook all kind of things, from italian to mexican to american to dutch to french … but I always have to go back to my spanish roots. I have to think in my mother’s kitchen, she can cook so good. I have learned a few recipes from her of course and this spanish casserole is one of them, I have add my own extra ingredient to give a bit more taste and it works. I have follow her instructions for a few years but one day I decided to change something and suddenly it was my own casserole.
The ingredients you need are pork or lamb rag in small pieces, potatoes, onions, garlic, tomatoes, salt and pepper and my extra ingredient rosemary. It is actually very very simple, you cat everything small, you put all the ingredients in a roasting pan, add a lot of olive oil, mix all well with salt, pepper and rosemary, then to the 200 degrees preheated oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, keep an eye depending on your oven you might need longer or shorter time.
Serve with bread, a salad and a good red wine. Buen provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment