Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A combine meal


Yesterday was a bit of a confusing cooking day. I had a plan to make something, I did my groceries, but when I started cooking I forgot to add ingredients that were in the original recipe, also my cooking way in the oven went in another way. In any case it was actually a very good meal, now I wonder if it was turn out so good if I had all done the way it suppose to, well I should try another time ;-)
I will start with the meat, my ingredients were: pork chops, a lot of garlic, ground fennel seed and fresh sage. What I did it was to bake without oil the pork chops in a pan for about 10 minutes, turning them regularly. After +/- 8 minutes add the garlic, then put all into a baking dish, add the fennel seed, salt and pepper. Put the baking dish into a 180 degrees preheated oven for about another 10 minutes of until ready.
Then we had the potatoes, the ingredients are simple, very small potatoes, mix them with salt and pepper, add a lot of garlic and boiling water. Cook for about 12/15 minutes depending on how big the potatoes are. When ready take them out the water, drain them well. Then in a pan add some oil, heated and bake the potatoes with some rosemary until golden.
Last we have the portobello’s, big mushrooms, actually it was for us the first to eat them, fantastic! Ingredients, one portobello per person, then some spanish pepper, garlic and parsley, chopped this three ingredients very well until a nice mix, divide into your portobellos and garnish with some grated cheese. Then in a baking dish into the oven for about 10 minutes.
Serve all together with some bread (we forgot …) and a nice wine.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment