Thursday, January 10, 2013

Risotto with leak and goat cheese

What an incredible week has been this one! Last monday I had a job interview and everything turn so well that yesterday I went to sing the contract. From February 1st I will be working again, that means I will not have so much time as now to update my blog but still I will keep doing, in any case we still have to eat every day ;-)

I was so thrilled that I wanted to eat something special, good, delicious, healthy but festive. As I already said in earlier posts, my specialty is in risotto's so yesterday I made a risotto with leak and goat cheese, hmmm.

The ingredients you need for 3 people:

  • 2 leaks, in small rings 
  • Dried thyme, you can also use fresh if you prefer
  • 1 liter vegetable stock (bouillon)
  • 250 gr. risotto rice
  • 150 gr. soft goat cheese in cubes (I use with honey, but natural is also good)
  • 1 chopped red paprika
  • 2 or 3 garlic cloves (optional)
  • A bit of white wine

Bake the leak in olive oil until is a bit soft, add the garlic baking for a couple of minutes more. Scoop the rice and some thyme and bake 1 more minute. Add the wine, when is evaporated add the stock slowly, bit by bit, wait until is evaporated to add some more.

In another pan you could bake the paprikas or leave them raw. Since I have my food allergy I need to bake them about 5 to 10 minutes in olive oil, otherwise I can not eat them. When the rice is ready, scoop the paprikas and the half of the cheese, if needed add some salt and pepper.

Serve with some extra thyme and the rest of the cheese. Perfect with a good white wine and some ciabatta bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment