Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Lemon cake

Since my last post I have been quite busy with a lot of different things, my house, my kitchen, my family, applying for jobs, having interviews ... but finally this morning I have some time to write some of my cooking from last weekend. I will start with the lemon cake I made on sunday. Well it didn't work how it suppose to be, but it was very good. Only next time I need to use a different baking dish, a bit bigger and lower that way it will not be so moist.

The ingredients you need:

  • 225 gr. cane sugar
  • 50 gr. butter
  • 4 eggs, divided
  • 50 gr. self-rising flour
  • 225 ml full fat milk
  • 2 lemons (grated zest and juice)
  • A bit of double cream

The baking tray you need to grease also a the same time put a roasting pan with water into the oven and warm up to 180 degrees.

Mix first the butter with the sugar until very light, I have to say some how it didn't work well, maybe if you use a different kind of brown sugar will work better, I will try that next time. Slowly add the lemon juice, the lemon zest and the egg yolks. Add the flour, mix slowly adding the milk. Keep mixing for about 5 to 10 minutes.

Using your mixer whisk the egg-white with a bit of double cream. Add to the other ingredients, slowly. Then pour all together in the baking tray, put the the baking try into the roasting pan that is in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until the cake has a nice brown color. 

Serve with some icing sugar, really good as cake or dessert.


No comments:

Post a Comment