Sunday, March 17, 2013

Coconut Cookies

Some time ago I bought some coconut in very thin slices, my idea it was to make a kind of macaroons, but the last few weekends I had a bit of a cold, so every sunday I said, next week I make them, finally today I did. What I already said they suppose to be round like a a macaroon, but they have become a kind of a cookie and they are very good anyway! I need a different kind of ice cream scoop to make it round, so the next time I hope to have one and then they will be perfect. Meanwhile this is what I made.

The ingredients you need for about 12 cookies/macaroons:
  • 150 gr. caster sugar
  • 150 gr. granulated coconut
  • 3 egg-whites
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • A pinch of salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanille extract

In a pan at not too high fire mix the egg-whites with the sugar, honey, salt and coconut, keep steering until everything is well mixed and starts to cook at the bottom of the pan. Then let it cool down completely.

In a baking tray put some baking paper. Using an ice cream scoop, a good one, try to make 12 macaroons about the same size, then put them in the baking try. Bake for about 15 minutes in a 150 degrees preheated oven or until they are golden brown.

Let them to cool down completely before taking from the baking tray. With a cappuccino they are absolutely delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment