Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pasta with chorizo and fresh salad

It has been a while since I have updated my blog, first I was quite ill for a few days, also working late, then a short holiday in between and a lot of catch up with other things at home so no time for typing, a pity because we had some good cooking in between of course, well it will come again ...

Finally all starts to fall in place and I have time again for this and the best way to start is pasta, a favorite for almost everybody ;-) On saturday I made this pasta from the book Jamie in 15 minutes, but even that I am good organize cook, it took me about 45 minutes, hahaha, anyhow I did enjoy making it and changing the ingredients to my own taste, so no exactly as the book.

Ingredients for 2 adults and 1 child:

  • 250 gr. penne or any other pasta like fusilli
  • 80 gr chorizo in small slices
  • Fresh rosemary, chopped leafs
  • 1 spanish pepper, clean seeds and in small rings
  • 1 egg
  • 4 to 5 garlic cloves
  • Lemon juice of half a lemon
  • Some yogurt, depends how creamy you prefer you could also use double cream
  • Some grated parmesan 
Cook the pasta following the instructions of the package, when pasta is ready you will need to keep a cup of the boiling water.

In a pan with olive oil bake shortly the chorizo, rosemary, chili pepper and garlic, until golden. In a bowl mix well the egg, lemon juice, parmesan and yogurt. Pour the pasta and put back into the pan, add the chorizo mix and the egg mix and scoop all very well, if you see that is to dry you can add some of the boiling water that you kept until is  a bit creamy. 



Serve with a salad, I made one using spinach's that I am growing in my own garden (but this is another story). Anyway the ingredients you need are:
  • Some roasted pine nuts
  • Fresh spinach's
  • Fresh rocket
  • 2 mandarins cut in fine slices
  • Some fresh mint
  • Parmesan
  • Red wine vinegar
  • Extra verge olive oil
  • Honey
Just but in a bowl all the ingredients, spinach's, rocket, mandarins, pine nuts, parmesan and the mint leafs. For the dressing mix the vinegar, olive oil, honey with some salt and pepper, mix all well and add to the salad. Absolutely delicious! This meal should have a white wine, very fresh!



No comments:

Post a Comment