Saturday, August 31, 2013

Italian meatballs

I am not sure how I can actually call this recipe, I took the idea from Nigella, but I put my own twist with some extra vegetables. In my garden is now everything growing, in the beginning of the week I could pick a small courgette, small red pepper and a nice aubergine. So I thought, I should do something where I can put all the ingredients in once and then I found this idea. I made enough for 6 people, actually in that case we can eat 2 times, safe time for other days.

So what do you need for 6 people:

  • 500 gr chipolata sausages
  • 3 or 4 garlic cloves
  • 5 spring onions
  • 1 small aubergine
  • 1 small red pepper
  • 1 small courgette
  • 3 pot chopped tomatoes
  • 4 laurier leafs
  • 70 ml white wine
  • Dried oregano
  • Fresh parsley
To start you need to take out the skin of the sausages and with the meat make small balls of the size of a  cherry tomato, more or less. 

Then cut all the vegetables, the spring onions in small rings the rest in small dices. In a big pan and in olive oil bake the red pepper, aubergine and courgette for about 10 minutes. Take them out of the pan, put a side in a plate. Now bake the meatballs until they are golden, the last minute add the garlic. After that add the spring onions and the oregano, about 1 table spoon. Stir well and then add the wine and the tomatoes with half glass water. When starts cooking add the already baked vegetables, some pepper and maybe more oregano if you like. Let it cook slowly for about 30 minutes, until the sauce is a bit thicker.

Serve with rice or pasta or couscous, whatever you prefer, finalize with chopped parsley. Perfect with some bread and a fresh salad, and of course a good red wine.



No comments:

Post a Comment